WHY IS MASSAGE AN IMPORTANT COMPONENT TO CROSSFIT RECOVERY?
Massages don’t just feel great, they also provide excellent recovery assistance for CrossFit athletes. Getting a regular massage once a month or more can help reduce soreness and your risk of injury while increasing mobility so you can perform better.
During high intensity exercise, lactic acid and general toxins increase in your muscles. Your body can naturally clear lactic acid and toxins with time and rest, however massage can help expedite the process, especially when you are working out hard and often.
- Alleviate muscle pain & tension
- Prevent athletic injuries
- Increase mobility and flexibility
- Improve athletic performance & response time
- Faster recovery time after workouts
- Reduce stress and improve relaxation
- Detoxify the lymph system
The Best Times To Get a Massage:
- At least 45 minutes after you have completed your WOD for the day.
- During recovery periods, rest days or deload weeks.
- 3 days before a competition or race. This will help improve your range of motion and mobility for your competition.
After a competition or race to help you recover quickly.